Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My heart, our life, God's plan. part 20

January 3, 2008 from the boys journal
You both are very well behaved. Everyone over Christmas thought you were adorable and said "they look like you and Chad!" You are great travelers and love to play at the gym and church. You love videos especially Diego.


Kade- you are into everything, especially technology things (buttons on t.v., stereo, alarm clocks). You love to pretend you are talking on the phone and you like balls, wrestling, and being thrown by anyone. If someone is laying on the floor you see it as an opportunity to pounce! You already know that dimple can get you things!


JD- you love to talk and ask "what's that?" You've renamed Truman "Tricky." You must have watched alot of t.v. because you know all the characters. You fight naptime every day but end up sleeping about 45 minutes. Yesterday was our first attempt in potty training and you pooped two times in the potty! You also helped sing Happy Birthday to Daddy yesterday
.

The boys both continued to ask about their old foster family. Especially Alex, their older foster brother. The first night on our travels for Christmas was pretty hard for JD and Kade. They weren't sold on the fact Chad and I weren't leaving them.

There is a 'honeymoon' stage that is talked about with foster kids. The first month or so they are on their very best behavior. The boys seemed to not just be honeymooning it but rather settling in nicely.

I felt relief from Skylar leaving. That initial feeling of "whew" once I knew she was leaving provoked a tremendous amount of guilt. I believed I was hard hearted, selfish, and not mother material. LIES.LIES.LIES. I felt the second I met the boys they took on the attitude of "that's my momma!" We gelled immediately. Isn't God gracious to put the pieces of the puzzle together for us! I understood the relief was simply because she and I had not bonded. She was a confused little girl- what with having weekly visits where she saw her biological mother, her biological grandmother, and me. Skylar didn't see me as her mother. We never had that connection.

To this day I sparkle at the words "they look so much like you!"

1 comment:

  1. That's funny that you say you sparkle when people say they look like you, because that it is exactly what I thought yesterday when I saw your family pictures of Facebook! How funny. They honestly do. They are such good looking little boys.

    ReplyDelete