Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My heart, our life, God's plan. part 30

The month of May and June allowed some comfort and ease in parenting. Though the attacks were still coming I was more aware of them, which meant I was better prepared to fight satan's lies. We were thrilled to sign JD up for soccer, Chad coaching. And although JD was only concerned about the snacks it was a delight to see Chad do the "dad" thing! And do it with confidence and ease.

My prayers continued to be that I would grow more comfortable in my own skin. That I would believe I had what it took, that God had given me what it would take to raise these boys. I also continued to ask the Lord how to allot my time. Finally coming clean with Chad that to be the wife and mom I wanted to be something had to give, which ended up meaning cereal or sandwiches for dinner. I wanted to be able to do everything- cook, clean, play with the boys, disciplinary, sex goddess- but something had to budge and with the help of Chad so graciously helping out and reminding me I couldn't (and didn't have to) do it all I learned to let go of some things.

While we were occupied molding together as a family our 6 month foster period was coming to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment