Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My heart, our life, God's plan. part 33

Another hard Sunday for the childless mom is dedication day. Thankfully, our church only does them twice a year. I'd had a secret request to Jesus. The next baby dedication would be July 6th and I'd hoped with all my might we could partake in it (I'm still giggling like a school girl at the delight Jesus so sweetly gave). Chad and I felt we weren't to dedicate the boys until they were legally ours. Thankfully-again- our church was very generous with the idea of putting our slideshow together and having to pull it at the last minute.

With legalities behind us we proceeded with the dedication. For some, dedication Sunday isn't a big deal, but for me it was a MAJOR thing. It sealed the deal for me more so than the courts. It felt like God's seal being placed on us. I wanted everyone close to be there. It would be an uncomfortable moment as it would be the first time all sides of the family had been in the same vicinity since my parents divorce.

The day came and I was thrilled to see everyone made it. It was a morning for rejoicing! The pastor made a joke about our family being the majority of the congregation as all 20 of us went down to pray for the God formed family!

I was tickled pink!

No comments:

Post a Comment