Friday, May 22, 2009

My heart, our life, God's plan. part 25

Adjusting to motherhood has not been an easy journey. In fact, I think I had a harder time adjusting than anyone else in the house. Satan works non stop at his ploys. My heart was constantly battling the idea that I was a complete failure at mothering. If I got mad at the boys, I'd feel ashamed. If I didn't want to play with them, I felt guilty. I saw examples of what a "good" mom was and because I didn't look like them I must be bad. Not different, not unique, not blessed, but BAD.

God's grace is a beautiful thing but we have to choose it. Walk in it. I found myself having to speak thing over myself as reminders that the Lord was with me and I was good.

April 16, 2008
I am loving, dedicated, thoughtful, becoming generous, obedient, faithful, discerning, organized, trying, improving, holy, royal, light, bright, joyful, God's beautiful child!

No comments:

Post a Comment