Friday, May 22, 2009

My heart, our life, God's plan. part 29

May 11, 2008 Mother's Day
Father thank you for keeping faith and Your plan for the children You've brought despite my lack of faith. Thank you for making me a mother!!!

The year prior my mom was in town for mothers day, my brother and wife also with us at church with their son. It was a rough day- one that I was going to get through without crying. That was until David, our preacher, called the moms, moms to be, and those with a mothers heart. Those who long to be a mother but have not seen it yet. --enter buckets of tears here- I wanted to be strong as I stood, as my mom and husband wrapped their arms around me. As my big brother reached over mom to grab my shoulder. But it hurt, it hurt that they knew it was killing me inside. It hurt knowing they were watching all of this and wondering "why" just like Chad and I...

As you can imagine, despite the pain of the previous year (I cry now reminiscing), I was simply delighted to have my very own Mother's Day. And I had two sweet little ones to call me mommy a million times that day! Chad got me an oval shaped silver locket with tiny pictures of my two little ones. It was such a sweet day and will always be a time to give God praise for His amazing gifts of the heart.

1 comment:

  1. ahh a first mothers day. after waiting and waiting and waiting for that dream. once again, i am loving the opportunity to see this journey.

    ReplyDelete