Thursday, April 30, 2009

My heart, our life, God's plan. part 15

When you want something so bad and have little control over obtaining said something pity parties are inevitable. Or at least in my case. Once Chad and I felt ready to take kids again I wanted them now! On December 2, 2007, after a great trip that consisted of running a 5k and roller skating with friends I had a big ole pity party. I was so heart broken after what seemed like a lifetime of hoping...

December 3, 2007
I called, you answered and You came to my rescue and I want to be where You are.
Please forgive me Lord for my breakdown last night Jesus. I sounded ungrateful when that is not true! You heard my heart and brought such hope with the call about Jayden and Kayden. Jesus, I just pray Your hand and Your will be completely in control with this situation.


December 3, 2007 I woke to a phone ringing. It was early for a phone call- around 7:30. I was especially surprised to hear our case worker on the other line. Elaine had called to ask us about two little boys named Jayden and Kayden. They were brothers ages 2 and 3. With no health concerns. Rights had been terminated. It was so unrealistic. Biological brothers so young with rights terminated and good health.

We learned about Jayden and Kayden the day after we decided we would take Skylar. We didn't know they were looking for an adoptive home so Chad and I decided it best to not take on 3 kids under the age of 3. I later would ache for not taking them sooner...

Chad and I were able to find a lot of information out from the foster mom that the boys had been with for 11 months. She had her hands full with a 6 year old mentally challenged child and said "if I were 10 years younger I would take them in a heartbeat."

A meeting to see if the 4 of us "meshed" was set up on December 7, 2007.

2 comments:

  1. i've been waiting on pins and needles for part 15!! come on now, what took so long! :) so now i wait for part 16. i really am loving this.

    ReplyDelete