Thursday, April 9, 2009

My heart, our life, God's plan. part 5

Before I start part 5 I want to thank my dear sister in law, Crista, for always blessing me with beautiful journals. Without your kind heart I would not have something so beautiful to interact with God in. When I think of you friend my heart swells. (Too bad I can't seem to say this in person!)

I want to add also that we had many more confirmations along the way, one being that Chad and I were able to get into a training session last minute to get our foster/adoption certification. They were trying out a new faith based training that made the usual 12 week training session only 4 weeks. Also 2 weeks before a cruise Chad and I had scheduled just in case it were our "last" vacation without kids we were able to get everything complete for our certification. 5/25/07 for fingerprints (that usually take weeks to get, we learned later that cps got them the same day), 5/29/07 fire inspection, 6/4/07 cpr/first aid certification, 6/6/07 home inspection. our homestudy was completed while we were cruising on 6/19/07!

June 27, 2007
Yesterday, June 26, 2007 at around 3:30 pm Chad received a call from cps with a child for us. Her name is Skylar Faith. She is 2 years old, Caucasian. Not up for adoption, but it looks very favorable. Throughout the day I'd been working on names and addresses for Diana/shower info... After talking it over we decided to "sleep on it." Not taking Skylar never crossed my mind. I just wanted to spend some time in prayer and review with Chad. He was on the same page as I was with no reluctance and great peace. I will be calling Elaine to schedule the delivery! For months I've feared this moment. Thinking my desire for a family had dissolved but as I read Chad's message my heart skipped a beat! I became shaky, disoriented, and began to cry. Thank God He answers prayers, He makes dreams come true- even dreams so buried you think you've lost them! Thank you Jesus, you are so amazing, all knowing, giver, taker, fulfiller, incredible! Joyful, fun, playful, wise, strong, gentle, my everything! Wow God you are so good!

June 28, 2007
Lord, your timing is good and perfect. I completely trust You to bring us a child on your schedule. When we re ready and Skylar is ready YOU will join us together.

No comments:

Post a Comment