Thursday, April 9, 2009

My heart, our life, God's plan. part 3

exert from my journal on February 28, 2007
Lord, You have called us to take care of orphans. Today I heard your voice so clearly say "adopt." It was so audible that I looked around the living room! I said "excuse me?" And you again said "you need to adopt." Lord, I want to be in Your will so terribly. Father, please guide us. Open doors. I am afraid of what kind of kid you will give us. Though I am fearful I trust you completely. Jesus, I trust you. Please begin guiding Chad and I. May our path be mirrored of Yours! ***NO FEAR CAN CONQUER YOU LORD JESUS!


later that day
I am so afraid I heard wrong Lord. Did I make this up? I mean this will change our lives forever. Is this coming from my desire to control or from You? Lord, please, please give me confirmation. Jesus Christ I only want to be in Your will.

This happened on a Wednesday morning. Out of the blue as I sat down for my morning coffee. I immediately called Chad. Unbeknown to me Chad also began asking the Lord for confirmation. I think it is easiest to list out the confirmations we received within 24 hours of hearing God's call.

1. While at Wednesday night church I asked the Lord to remove the back pain as a confirmation I heard Him. He removed the pain.
2. There was open prayer that night at church and we headed towards the front but it was extremely crowded so we moved to the ministers in the back. Chad and I landed with Randy. At that moment I was unsettled emotionally, overwhelmed with tears. Randy told us he had already been praying for us and as I poured out my heart about what I had heard and was now doubting he told us it was not a coincidence that we came to him as he was adopted!
3. As we prayed Alex, a friend from lifegroup approached us. Chad had emailed him because we thought he worked in Fostercare. Chad and I'd already talked in the previous months that if we were to ever adopt it would have to be called by God as it wasn't in our hearts and we wanted to go through the foster system as we were so blessed to have helped our dog Skip after he'd been in a beaten shelter. (God uses the funniest things sometimes!). Alex indeed worked for CPS and knew the ins and outs of everything within the system. (for those not putting it together, we had someone to walk us through a complicated system)
4. Because I am Mrs. Efficient pants we had already inquired and recieved the fostercare paperwork and kept it (the keeping part is the confirmation).

Chad and I were able to have dinner with Alex and his wife to answer all of our questions. What a blessing that was! A touch of God's plan had been shared and it brought joy along with fear. Hope shared with nerves! We made the choice to obey. Our paperwork would be sent in the very next day. Thursday March 1, 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment